Saturday, April 2, 2016

Doodling Feathers

Working on some changes in life and haven't had much time to post. I can't wait to post more in the up coming weeks about some projects I've been working on.

First up - doodling feathers:
To be honest, I'm not a fan of the doodling/coloring thing that's been so super popular these days. I see a lot of adult coloring books everywhere. The designs are interesting but I'm more of a simple and clean design person. The doodle and color combo has too may lines and colors; it's so very distracting to me. So when PTI came out with their "What the Doodle" line, I was not very impressed. However, I decided to give it a chance and bought the feather set anyway. Surprising, it grew on me quickly.



The feathers and background were done with Zig Clean Color Real Brush. I also mixed in some gold from the Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolor set to give the background some shine. The background looked terrible at first, but it went perfectly with the feather die cuts on top. On the feather I embossed the detailing in white. I also added a plain vellum feather and gold/white twine to give some softness to the bright colors. Lastly, "thinking of you" was embossed with Rangers liquid platinum (love this color!).

Challenges entered:
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge: We Can See Clearly
Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous. I just love how you've kept the colors so minimalistic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both versions! FAntastic colors! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning ,love both of these. the colours are so vibrant and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are very pretty! I love the monochromatic look! Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete